Friday, November 16, 2007

Bigger than the Beatles?


My friend, Macey asked me over two months ago if I would go with her and her daughter to Ft Worth should we get tickets to Hannah Montana...I told her "sure," thinking no way in heck would we get tickets. Well, I was wrong and I am so glad I was. It's not that I didn't want to take Kellyn somewhere fun, it's just I was being selfish and thinking the last thing I wanted to do is go watch some fourteen year old prance around on stage singing Disney songs. She put on a great show and proved me wrong. The Jonas Brothers opened (you know that silly song - "I've been to the year 3000..." Well, they were good, too.

We decided to fly because it was $49 each way and it didn't make sense to drive up there and back with today's gas prices. The girls were treated like princesses...we went to the mall where we met Hannah Montana's sister and mother. The girls got all made over at a little store called Libby Lu's. We stayed at a fabulous boutique hotel called Hotel Palomar where surprisingly enough, Miley Cyrus aka Hannah Montana was also staying. Long story short...her mom sat up a meet and greet before Miley got back on her tour bus the morning after her concert. The girls got autographs and their picture taken with her, which you will see in the slideshow.

Be sure and pay attention to the looks on the girls faces at the concert...they are priceless. Kellyn was so incredibly excited...she squealed and screamed the entire concert. We had a great time and it was really neat seeing Kellyn so happy.

4 comments:

Jennifer Adling said...

That is really cool they got to meet her. I cant beleive how popular she is (if these girls only knew how cheesy her dad was!!) Wont blame her for her heritage though!

What a fun trip for the girls. You are the cool mom!

Tamora said...

One of the little girls in my class went and she was right in the front. She had a ball! I am glad you had a great time and how neat you got to meet her! Your photography is really nice! You are doing a great job!

Kerry Kern said...

Kelsey will be sooo jealous! She likes her too... Looks like a great time and the girls look so cute.

Jerry's Dallas said...

Nice family.