Sunday, September 09, 2007

New Topic

My blogging group was supposed to start a new topic once school started but one of the members, Kristin got tagged by another blogger. From what I understand this means you must post several things people may not know about you. We decided to make this our topic for the week(I think we have done one similar to this before so this may be repetitive from previous posts)so here goes:

1) I am a "junk tv" junkie!! You name it, I watch it! Well, maybe that is being a little overdramatic but I do watch a lot of really uneducational stuff on television. I never miss a single episode of The Bachelor (and how hot is the new one!!), I always watch American Idol from the very first audition to the finale and I just love The Hills. It's just so ridiclous...I HATE SPENCER. I am sad Rock of Love is about to be over and I can only pray this new girl he chooses will be a man or something so he can do a new season next year. Maybe come New Year '08 I will make a resolution to watch one educational show a month. heee heee!!



2) I am addicted to beauty products. As you all know from a previous post, I am terrified of growing old and each new wrinkle I see just about puts me in my premature grave (ok, maybe I am being a little melodramatic)so I try out so many different kinds of lotions, moisturizers, wrinkle reducers and exfoliators. But not only do I love the anti-aging products but I also love lip glosses and make up. We have a new store here in Amarillo called Ulta and it's like a huge Sephora. I try to stay far away from there as possible because I could easily drop $500 bucks in there each visit and I am not kidding. I discovered two new brands of makeup while shopping there that I absolutely love...Too Faced and Urban Decay. In fact, I have always used L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara...always. Never have I found another mascara I like as well. Too Faced has the best mascara ever called Lash Injection. I also love Mac and I can't stay away from their counter if I am in Dillards. I have over 30 eyeshadows from Mac and only use about four of them regularly.

3) I love the fall!! I love everything about it. The crisp air, the gray clouds, the leaves changing, football season, soccer season, Halloween, Thanksgiving, sweaters and jackets...I just love it all. I noticed where it it going to be in the high 80's this weekend and next week and it bums me out because we had three cool days here and I was hoping fall was going to come in a little early.


4) I still dream of winning the lottery...and I don't even play. Now, that makes sense doesn't it? I like to plan what I will do with my money and who I will give my money to. Yesterday, I was figuring out how I would give my tithes to the Amarillo and Slaton churches. Crazy, I know!!
5) I am becoming sort of a wine enthusiast. I have never really liked wine at all and I still don't like whites or roses but I am really starting to develop a taste for reds. My favorite red is a Pinot Noir and I don't like anything too dry. I usually buy a different bottle each time I go to the grocery store so I can start trying different brands. My favorite wine right now is the pinot noir from David Bruce Winery.

6) I want to visit the Greek Isles someday...that's my dream vacation. Did you know the Greek Isles consists of over 6000 islands and only 227 are inhabited?

7 comments:

Britta said...

We're getting an Ulta here in Lubbock, too, next to the new Target. Bring on football and sweater weather! Do I need to explain cause and effect when it comes to the lottery - must BUY TICKET to WIN money. Wine shopping is so much fun. I must admit, with the exception of my favorite Caprock falovors, I ususally choose my wine by the label.

Jennifer Adling said...

Britta, I will be going with you to Ulta! I am a junkie too! Ask Kim, I have TONS of crap! And I love buying something so I can get the freebies! The best is to watch the Neimans website. They have the best give-aways!!!

Kim said...

Makeup....yes knew all about that, you and Jennifer always have the latest and greatest. I finally bought all of Rochelle's RAE makeup line and I really like it. All mineral based and has spf in it! I too am not a big fan of Spencer...seems really controlling and gets that crazy controlling look on his face sometime....hmmmmmm! Greek Isles, you can talk to Kerry about that, he loved it the most! good one! OH AND FALL>>>yesterday was the first day in the 70's--simply beautiful!!!

Kerry Kern said...

I love makeup stuff too, but I am the cheapest person you will ever know, I just look at it and put it back on the counter, I am also terrified of wrinkles so I might better invest in some better products!! I will go to the Greek Islands with ya, Girls trip???:)

Jamie Pitman said...

I didn't know you liked makeup so much, wanna play trade? I love fall too, it makes me want to do crafts. I need to start watching the Hills. I got an elliptical, I need to DVR shows to watch while I excercise!

Averi said...

Okay, I don't even watch The Hills and I hate Spencer. He is the worst.
So, what do you plan to get me when you win big??? (hint...tahoe)

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

I'm all about junk t.v.!! And I can't wait for "jean jacket" weather!