Monday, March 03, 2008

Could the Tide Be Turning???

Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com

I opened up this fortune today at a Chinese food buffet here in Amarillo. The waitress gave us four cookies and I put them in my hand and shuffled them around saying to myself, "Pick the right one, pick the right one!" I opened up my fortune cookie to find my destiny - "Don't be hasty, prosperity will knock on your door soon." Seriously, I so believe in God's will but every once in a while, I do believe in fate, superstition, karma, coinicidence, fortune; whatever you want to call it, I do believe it happens sometimes. I said to Hays, "Out of all the fortune cookies in this restaurant, this is the one I open??" He laughed a little but I could tell he was so hoping we could actually have something here. This leads me to my update on my job situation and our home on Glenwood.

I had an interview with a pharmaceutical company on Tuesday...it went well and I was asked to ride along with an employee of the company on Thursday. On Friday, the hiring manager called to make me an offer. I relunctantly informed her I had some concerns. See, this company insists we must be living in Lubbock by the time I finish training which will be the end of April to the first of May. There are a lot of issues with this demand...first of all, we have a home in Amarillo. We can't just simply pack up all of our belongings and get to Lubbock without selling our home first. Oh sure, we can find a way but it will be very difficult. My sweet parents even offered up their home for us to live while we are in transition. I love my parents way too much to do something like that to them. Holy cow, all four of us? My kids can be monsters, I am so unorganized and Hays is just, well Hays. He likes his own place. Secondly, my training would last six very long weeks. We have no idea what we would do with our kiddos for those six weeks because Hays works in Lubbock...who on earth would keep our kids from 6am to 8am everyday and who would keep them from 3:30 to 9:30 every night? It just wouldn't work. Every single job I have applied for over the last few months have included Amarillo in the territory so it would have been fine for us to live here until our home actually is sold. This particular pharmaceutical job only includes Lubbock; therefore, I HAVE to live in Lubbock. Because I have been out of a job for five months now(yes, five months now - you'd think I would be all cut up and in shape but I haven't been to the gym once! ha!), I feel like I should jump on this job but there are many many cons and I just don't have a good feeling. That's why this fortune cookie was so coincidental to me..."DON'T BE HASTY..." unduly quick; precipitate; rash; impatient; impetuous; thoughtless; injudicious - These are all synonyms for 'hasty.' "PROSPERITY WILL KNOCK ON YOUR DOOR SOON." Prosperity's synonyms are abundance, accomplishment, advantage, affluence, arrival, benefit, boom, boomlet, clover, do, ease*, easy street*, exorbitance, expansion, fortune, good times, gravy train*, growth, increase, inflation, interest, luxury, opulence, plenteousness, plenty, prosperousness, riches, success, successfulness, thriving, velvet, victory, wealth, welfare, well-being - I don't know about ya'll but I am totally diggin' "gravy train" and "easy street" right about now. So, at this exact moment I am typing this post on this Sunday evening, I have no idea if I will take the job offer or not but I do know I have complete peace tonight no matter what happens. Sure, I received a great and totally fluky fortune today but the truth is God will take care of me. It's plain and simple!! But in the mean time, I am so hoping God put that little fortune in that bland little cookie to make a point. ; )

So, could the tides actually be turning for me??? I certainly hope so. We had four showings this weekend and an open house today that brought in seven couples for a total of ten new couples viewing our home this weekend...One of the couples asked if the refrigerator is negotiable...Hell lady, the kids are negotiable if the price is right!! (Just kidding, Toya!) Anyways, my realtor totally expects an offer from this particular couple so I was hesitantly happy to get that news. We had to be gone from 2pm to 4pm today for the open house and Blaze had soccer practice at 4 so as we were driving home at 4:45, we noticed a vehicle in front of our house. It was another realtor with yet another couple. They stayed over 40 minutes. I don't know about you, but I certainly wouldn't spend 40 minutes in a home I wasn't interested in. To sum it all up, we had a ton of interest in our house this weekend which feels so good.

So, that's my life in a nutshell...always a whirlwind!! Have a great week guys and wish us luck on making the right decisions and finding a buyer.

EDIT:
I have an interview with EV3 Thursday...this is the company that purchased my old company so I have a chance to get my old position back, which is what I always wanted. I will keep you posted!! No new news from realtor this morning but still hoping to hear something today - will keep you posted on that, also. Have a great Monday!

5 comments:

Kara said...

Hang in there you guys. Something always happens when you least expect it. We think about you alot, and are glad you are moving back. If I can do anything to help, let me know.

Britta said...

What a great fortune! I am so glad you are weighing the options about this position. I have to remind myself daily that it's "THY will be done" and not "MY will." Did you play the lottery numbers. I'm thinking abot you a lot, sister!

Kerry Kern said...

Prayin' for ya!!! Hang in!!

Kim said...

Fingers crossed for Thursday!!! Crazy how things always work out, but they always do!!

Jennifer Adling said...

I am really excited for you....things seem to be turnign your way. I know a great outcome is right around the corner. And we are so excited to get to see you again!!!