Monday, March 03, 2008

Week In Review 3/1/08

I am going to start a weekly entry entitled Week in Review...I should have posted this yesterday but I got a little busy trying to get Hays out of here and to Lubbock before the big winter storm hit. My goal is to pick out a few things in each week that brought particular interest to me...I am sure there are many, many things that are worthy of posting in a "Week in Review" but mine are going to be a little different and not always so newsy and stuffy. Sometimes entertainment and celebrity focused, sometimes sports focus, sometimes a focus on the activities in our lives, etc. I promise to bring a wealth of information, although it may not always be useful, it will be informative nonetheless. Sit back, grab a cup of joe and enjoy Kenda's take on last week.

TEXAS TECH RED RAIDERS UPSET #5 RANKED TEXAS LONGHORNS

It's been a long season for the men's basketball team but they have managed to pull off a number of good and sometimes GREAT wins. Saturday's win against the Longhorns was definitely the best thing that has happened to them this year. Did it get them into the Big Dance? Most definitely not as their record is just above 500 at 15-13. Their win Saturday did put them at an even 500 in the Big 12 with seven wins and seven losses. After Bobby Knight's departure, this is just what his son and the Red Raider basketball team needed.






AMERICAN IDOL CAST-OFFS



Alaina Whitaker and Alexandrea Lushington were the last two girls to get booted off of American Idol...neither one of them had a great night but Amanda Overmyer should have gotten tossed out on her butt after that ridiculous rendetion of "Carry On..." and that oh so horrible Cruella Deville look. Come on...you be the judge:






Anyway, just for the record, my favorite girl is this little cutie:

You can read her bio here.



On the boy's side of things, Jason Yeager and Robbie Carrico ended their American Idol dream (don't I sound like Ryan Seacrest?) this past Thursday. Neither one of them had a good performance either...especially Robbie as he was so karaoke-like. Jason is just a dork with his tuft of white hair on the top of his head...gimme a break.

My favorite guy is a toss up between David Hernandez and Jason Castro. I truly truly like David Archuleta; however, I think he is a shoe in and will win the whole thing so I had to pick a few other of my favorites.

Check out this amazing performance by David Hernandez this past Tuesday:


So, while we are on the subject of music, singers and YouTube, let me just embed one more video...this one doesn't have anything to do with American Idol but it did come from Brittain's Got Talent and this guy's story is amazing. I have never, ever given a flyin' flip about anyother types of music other than pop, hip/hop, country, top 40 and ESPECIALLY not opera but man, you gotta watch this when you get time. I had chill bumps all over my body. Love it!!



USELESS NEWS and SOMETIMES COMICAL HEADLINES

Apparently Hasbro and Mattel are threatening to sue an online website called Scrabulous citing piracy. This particular online game is free and attracts 700,000 players a day. I guess the toy companies that market Scrabble are up in arms that some one else found a way to make some money on the internet yet again. Yes, it's free to all who play but now these guys who developed the site are making $25,000 per month from online advertising. Why didn't I think of this??? Oh geez...I have got to think of a way to make money on the internet - everytime I think there isn't anything else to do, someone else comes up with something I so should have thought of. Not that I play Scrabble or anything but come on, how hard can it be?

JLo named her twins Max and Emme...Love both names as my best friend, Kim, named her son Max and then another good friend of mine in Amarillo, Macey, named her little girl Emerson and everyone calls her Emmy BUT what's so comical about this is what TMZ is saying... Come on guys...can't we find something better to talk about, like the election or something??? nah, this is much more entertaining!!

In Michigan, a man was arrested and prosecutors intend to charge him with embezzlement. The man was apprehended after an investigation showed he was the culprit in the heist of 217 cases of Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix. Seriously, stuffing? What was he going to do? Sell them in the black market or cautiously truck them across the border to the Mexicans. ????

I am sure there are many more events that happened last week that are certainly worthy of an appearance on my blog but I used up so much time sharing useless information on American Idol, I will have to reserve my really thought-provoking headlines for next week. Until next time...

No comments: