Saturday, March 10, 2007

I WON!!


I won my first ever tennis match this morning!! Yipppppeeeee! There were 12 of us beginners playing and we drew names to see whom would play with whom in doubles. I drew a girl named Jana and we totally kicked butt. We won both sets 6 - 1!! I am so excited because this girl and I played so well together and I really like her. She has two daughters about Kellyn's age. We are going to start playing together as much as possible and we are going to play in a beginner's league starting in April. She has a great backhand, which I was so excited about because I really need some work there. I returned the serves really well (but the serves weren't coming all that fast though) and did okay on my serves. I have found a new sport that I truly like...I am too competitive though. I got pretty mad a few times. What fun! (P.S. This is a picture of my new racquet!)

7 comments:

Jamie Pitman said...

I can't believe you are playing tennis. I think it would be fun, but I am too SLOW to play. I suck at tennis, I hit home runs (over the fence) when I try to return a serve. LOL! I'll have to come watch you play sometime.

Jennifer Adling said...

Lets play next time you come down...I LOVE tennis!

By the way, Academy has the cutesty Nike tennis skirts....I bet you guys have an Academy there...

Kim said...

you go girl!! Good JOB!! We'll go hit while your here!! I'm glad you found something new to enjoy!!!

Averi said...

Please don't show these nice people your true "competitive side" yet! I know you hate to lose!! So proud of you. If I had any coordination at all I would join you!

Kendra said...

I wish I could do the tennis thing...I'm sooo bad at it... Kim tried to get me to play once a long time ago and it was a disaster!! Glad you are enjoying it

Kendra said...

I wish I could do the tennis thing...I'm sooo bad at it... Kim tried to get me to play once a long time ago and it was a disaster!! Glad you are enjoying it

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

Congrats on the win! I love tennis, too, and like you, I'm ULTRA competitive! I threw my racket really hard once while playing with Dustin. I have to remind myself that I'm there to have fun.