Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Five Biggest Pet Peeves

Another topic I missed out on was pet peeves...I have so many but I will try to list some of the ones that typically get under my skin more than others.

1. Fever Blisters ~ Nothing puts me in a worse mood than a fever blister. They are especially irritating when I first find one but it never gets any better until the damned thing is completely gone. I don't even want to go out of the house when I have one. Not only do they hurt like hell, but they are ugly and I am so embarassed when I have one. What's even worse...these fellas always decide to rear their ugly head when I am going on a big trip!!! I got one the day after I got to Hawaii, the day before I left for Lake Tahoe and the second day of my big Vegas trip. Why me??

2. Waking up in the middle of the night and not going back to sleep for hours ~ This happens frequently to me. Just the other night, I ended up watching an episode of Days of our Lives, Flipping Out AND the entire movie, Red Eye. Hays says I should quit trying to watch TV and just fall asleep. It doesn't happen that easily for me...if I don't watch TV, I will try to solve all of life's problems in one lonely night. And all of those problems seem to be so much worse at that time of night, too so if I watch TV, I don't have to think about them. Thank goodness for Lunesta or I probably wouldn't sleep one entire night.

3. Paying Bills ~ Need I say more??

4. Paying at the pump and the receipt machine not working ~ This drives me crazy! The poor convenience store workers don't have a chance when this happens to me. I mean, what's the purpose in paying at the pump if you can't get right back in your vehicle and drive on?

5. Last Coke gone ~ I hate when I go for the last coke in the fridge and it's already been snagged!!

6 comments:

Jennifer Adling said...

I have trouble sleeping too...and it only gets worse as I get older. Had a hard time in Vegas and it makes you miserable. I just stress too much....working out in teh evening usualyl helps...and no caffeine after 3 pm....

Britta said...

I wake up in the middle of the night a lot, too. And things just run through my head. I usually go to the couch and watch the news. That always puts me out, but I have to rely on Paul to wake me up on time.

Stacy Chance said...

I agree with the fever blister comment, nothing puts me in a worse mood and not to refill the cokes - AUGH!

Kendra said...

I am in total agreement with # 3 ...paying bills is what puts the most stress in my life!!

Britta said...

But Kenda, do you name your fever blisters like Stacy?

Kim said...

No I'm gonna get a one, Thanks!:>)