Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Catching Up

So, if you follow my blog you know I am a member of a group of girls who come up with weekly topics to post on our blogs. I think we are called Cyber Sisters...anyway, I went on a blogging hiatus back in April so I have to catch up all of the topics I missed out on while I was away. We all decided to take a break during the summer but now that school has started back, it's time again for the weekly posts. I didn't post five different topics during the spring and the first one I will catch up on is...

Five Favorite Books

And if you also know me pretty good, you know I am always on some sort of diet or health kick that only lasts like three days. Well, I am now on The Abs Diet and I have actually stuck to this now for over a week. The book is great and I am reading it now but what's even more helpful is the online program. Check it out if you are interested...you can try it out free for 10 days. The online program supplies a workout program and a menu for each day. It's a great way to follow your progress. Three pounds lost the first week. Not trying to lose a whole lot of weight; mainly just trying to tone up and get healthy. Mexican food daily is killing me...figuratively and could be literally someday!!

Oh man! I love Nicholas Sparks but this is my favorite of all time. The Notebook was great but this book was amazing. The movie wasn't all that great but if you haven't already read it, you gotta read this one if you are in to stuff like this. Very sappy but really really good.

And how good is James Patterson? And this did make a great movie. Kiss the Girls was also a good read.

My regional manager at my first pharmaceutical company had us read this book. It's a hard read and most of us griped about having to read it. Now, that I am a few years older and hopefully wiser, I am so grateful I read this. It's a book about accountability. I don't always follow the principles in this but I like to think I try real hard. If you like reading self-help books, this is a good one.

Most of you are going to laugh when you see this book on my favorites list. I can't help it...I love this book. I think about some of the stuff in it and it reminds me of those oh so innocent years. I can't believe they were 20 plus years ago. When Kellyn is old enough to read this, I think I will read it again and we can have a discussion about it. Ha! ha! Yeah right!

3 comments:

Jennifer Adling said...

I still have m,y original copy of "Are you here God..." And Superfudge too!

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

I LOVED Judy Blume...forgot about those books. Maybe I'll read them again soon, just for fun! I am also a huge Nicholas Sparks fan!

Kim said...

I read Summer Sisters a few summers ago, while I was pregnant with Ava, I think it was Judy Blume's latest books...it was good. And I have a stolen copy from the Lubbock Library of Iggy's House, by her. Don't remember what it's about....maybe I'll re-read it. Love Judy! Great post....I need to read some Nicholas Sparks...