Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Scared to Death of...

I also missed posting my five greatest fears...this one was very thought-provoking as there are many things I am scared of but I have to say these are the ones that really frighten me the most!!

I am so incredibly scared of flying. I chose this picture carefully because it's about this time in the flight where I am clammy and my heart is beating a hundred miles an hour...right before and during the takeoff. I am fine once the flight attendant has come on the speaker and says its okay to use your electronic devices but up until then, I am a wreck. There is something so not right with that huge aircraft lifting off the ground...I get the worst sensation. So, when you know I have a flight coming up, please say a little prayer for me. I know there will be a day I literally kick and scream to get off a plane because I just don't feel "right" about this one.

My next fear is intruders...especially the one's who come in when your home. I act like it's happened before; it hasn't but I am so terrified it will, we have an alarm and we set it every single night. I can't think of anything more horrifying than waking up to see someone standing over you...EEEEEKKKKK, I just got chills thinking about it. And I can't watch scary movies anymore because of this fear. Chilling!!

So, this next fear is probably pretty common but I am so scared of falling off something high. In fact, next to taking off in an airplane, my next worst fear could be falling from the sky in an airplane. Anyway, back to the subject...I am not really afraid of heights as long as I am confined inside a building and I know I cannot be pushed out of a window but when I think about falling off the top of something, I can hardly stomach the thought. Like those commercials where you see someone on the tip of a very tall mountain and they are like inches from the edge...no, thank you!!! You won't ever catch me on something like that. Oh, ask Beth Windham how scared I am of falling off something...the first time I went up the mountain to ski at Ruidoso, I cried and clawed the entire time...literally.

Okay, so this is some random old woman on my blog. Well, I am really scared of growing old. I know that is so childish and so immature but I can't help it. I certainly don't want to die while I am young either but I just want to stay 36 forever...can I? While I am wheeling and dealing, how about going back a few years to say, 30 and then staying that age forever???


I am scared I won't be the best mother I can be to my two beautiful children; I am terrified for their safety and health and I am afraid of not seeing them grow up. I truly believe these are concerns of most moms. I am afraid they are growing up before my very eyes!!

4 comments:

Britta said...

I think being scared of not being a good mother is a sign of being a good mother. You know what I mean?

Stacy Chance said...

I hate flying too and the older I get the worse flying is for me.
I am also afraid of intruders. I always think that if the alarm sounds the first thing I need to do is run as fast as I can to Blaise's room to protect him - I know I am crazy!

Emily J.Houchin said...

I'm with ya on all of those! Especially the growing old thing! I'm just afraid you will look better than me! lol

Kim said...

Kellyn and Blaze are getting so big, I know I always say that but REALLY!!! I'm all about all these things, esp. the flying. It just doesn't make sense..