Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Our Little Soccer Player

You have to admit, he is just freakin' precious in his little Nike dri-fit shirt and his shin guards. Blazer started Soft Soccer last night, which is a gym-version of indoor soccer with a Nerf-type ball. There are no out of bounds and the little boys just run like mad. I haven't laughed that hard in such a long time. We have always thought Blaze is going to be extremely slow because he has always ran so, so, so not fast BUT last night he proved us wrong. He did run out of steam pretty quick because the boy sits and plays way too many video games but today is a new day and he officially started being an athlete. There is no slowing down for us from now on...we have Kel in indoor soccer and Blaze in soft soccer. In the spring, Kel will be participating in indoor and outdoor soccer while Blaze will start his first season of both also. WOW! Anyway, you should have seen some of the faces Blaze was making last night...he was so intense and sooooo animated. I will take my camera to his first game Saturday and try to capture some of those faces so I can show you. The following pictures will give you a glimpse of how animated he is actually becoming more and more everyday. He is a mess!! These pictures were taken before we left for practice.
(Kristin, I used natural light at night...NO FLASH!! I was so excited. The black and white pic was too orangey due to my white balance but as you can see by the others, I fixed that. Well, my walls are gold so I guess it still has a orange or goldish cast but at least I didn't use flash and yes, you can so tell a difference, I think.)

Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com

Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com

Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com

2 comments:

Jamie Pitman said...

Those are great, I thought I was on Kristin's blog for a second...LOL...no really, they are great!

Kerry Kern said...

Love those pics. I hope my kids get around to wanting to be atheletes, because so far NADA!!! Just like their mother. I love sports and have involved them in everything I could uugggh frustrating.