Friday, December 29, 2006

Mamia's Christmas

I love traditions!! Every single year on Christmas Eve, usually around 6pm, all the Davies' meet out at Mamia's to celebrate Christmas. The same food - fresh black-eyed peas, ham, chicken, giblet gravy, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, homemade rolls or biscuits, the same people, the same story, the same gift exchange...it's awesome. Years ago before Mamia lost her vision, she would read the Christmas story straight out of the bible. Now, Taylor is in charge of that and the prayer. He does a great job!! Kellyn performed the "talent" this year...she played Silent Night on the piano. She did awesome and yes Averi, I, too had tears in my eyes. I have been attending this celebration for 17 years and Taylor is only 23 or so. That means he was younger than Kellyn when I first started watching the "talent shows" on Christmas Eve. WOW! Time goes by so fast. Another one of the traditions is the punch. This year I was in charge. Usually it's made by Mamia and it consists of sangria and port wine. I changed it up at the request of a few people. It was so good if I must say so myself. I made it with champagne, cranberrry juice and sweet red wine. I would love a glass right now. I look forward to Christmas Eve every year!!





Cathy Davies and Pat (right before he got sick!)

Beautiful Olivia - Curtis and Kara's daughter


Blaze was awesome with Olivia - he not only played peek a boo with her but he also consoled her during a meltdown.









Taylor reading the oh so important Christmas story!















Kellyn at the piano during her talent show.






Blaze got some skates and it was hilarious watching him skate through the carpet. As you might imagine, he wasn't very successful.


We love Crockett! Isn't she just the most gorgeous girl you have ever seen? Oh yeah, Crockett ain't half bad herself. ; )







That present was as big as him!! (It was a remote control Jeep for you curious folk!)













What a fantastic mommy!!














2 comments:

Averi said...

I love Ma-mia's house, too! I hope that Pat can enjoy it next year!
(You have only been going to this Christmas for 11 more years than me...crasy!!)

Jennifer Adling said...

Looks like you guys had such a great time!