Sunday, January 21, 2007

Did you know?

My blogging friends have a new topic this week...as you may recall, last week we posted our top 5 hot men and this week we are posting ~ THREE THINGS YOU MAY OR MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ME! I think most of my blogging friends know these things so I may edit this later and come up with something a little more creative but this is all I could think of for now.


My very first job was making funnelcakes at The Funnelcake
Factory at the Lubbock South Plains Mall. Funny, huh?

I played against and with Sheryl Swoopes. She and I were
on the same summer league team and we had a blast together.
We played against eachother from Jr. High through our Sr. year
in high school. After she got famous, she developed a serious
attitude so when I would see her in the mall or something, she
would hardly speak. Come to think of it, she always had an
attitude...she flipped off our crowd after we beat them one game!

This may not be all that interesting BUT it was one of my favorite
experiences of my life. I got to ride in my CEOs private jet
with my one of my docs, Joaquin Martinez and his wife, J'Hon.
J'Hon just happens to be one of my best friends in Amarillo.
That might not have happened had we not gotten the chance to
experience this together. I also got to ride in the cockpit
during the landing. We had fabulous champagne and our
very own flight attendant. I hope I get at least one more ride.
Amazing!!

8 comments:

Jamie Pitman said...

I didn't even know you worked at the Funnel Cake Factory, or at least if I did know I had forgotten it. LOL!

Averi said...

I didn't know #3! Pretty cool...you always get to do cool stuff!!

Jennifer Adling said...

That is interesting...I remember you telling me about the funnel cakes.

My Sheryl had a crush on you and being bitchy was the only way to hide it!

Kim said...

Oh Funnel Cake Factory, I can see you behind the counter at this moment, oh and smell you after you got off work too....

Hey Sheryl stuffed me a couple of times...and kicked my butt on the long jump in track

You forgot to mention you met my man Lenny the night b4 your jet ride...

good ones...

I could tell a few thing peeps dont know about you---OH I BETTER SHUT UP YOU COULD DO THE SAME...lol!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

Jennifer Adling said...

There is a ton of stuff I could ahve said, but work people could read this....it is all in the past and I learned from it...right?

Britta said...

It's it crazy to see "famous" people you knew in high school now. I sang in Show Choir with Natalie Maines and she was NOTHING like she is now. For 2 years she and I were the only altos because it took 6 sopranos to balance us out. Now that shouldn't be a suprise.

Kendra said...

I remember playing sheryl swoopes too. she was mean!! She flipped our bleachers off after a game too!!
oh the things we all know about each other and could post!!Scary!

Stacy Chance said...

I guess we have another thing in common, you worked for the funnel cake factory and I love funnel cake!
Did you meet Lenny Kravitz?! Why didn't you post about that?