Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Hardest Part of Being a Mom


How scary!! We were leaving a restaurant tonight and Kellyn started running towards a water fountain...well, she didn't see the ice and slipped on it. Because it was cold, she had her hands in her pocket so she wasn't able to break her fall at all. She hit her entire face so hard on the concrete, her head bounded off the cement. It was the worst scene I have ever witnessed...the second came just over a month ago when Blaze slammed his face into a counter at Express. Kellyn has a humongous knot on her forehead, a very swollen and maybe even broken nose and a busted lip. Her nose is pretty scraped up, too. I will be very surprised if we wake up tomorrow and she doesn't have two massive black eyes. Kel is okay and we have called the doctor and even went by to see nurse Tiffeni. I will wake her up every two hours tonight to check on her. My stomach is still upset...I guess I should be thankful not only that she is okay, but that she did this after I got to enjoy fajitas, queso and a margarita. (You know I am joking!) She is really okay and probably won't go to school in the morning just because I am a good mom. Heee heee! I would show a picture of her but she would hate me forever. Hug your kids tight and watch them every step...you know, we can still watch them every step and be right beside them (like Hays and I both were tonight) and they will still get bumps, bruises and maybe even a broken bone or two. Poor Kellyn!!

10 comments:

Lyddy_Girl said...

Hay, I like the vrse of the day,
do you go to church??
surffergirl13.blogspot.com

Jennifer Adling said...

Hope she is ok....I am so sorry!

kristinbednarz said...

oh, man...

Poor Kellyn!

I'm so sorry! But I know exactly how you feel, girl. When Summer broke her arm, a part of me was so glad I was there to witness it, but the other part was "why are we playing BB?"

Parenting it the HARDEST, yet most wonderful thing I have ever done.

We will send good wishes from here!

Kristin (kalyn and summer too)

Kim said...

so we're there black eyes?? my stomach hurts for her....ughhhhh!!!

Britta said...

It's no fun when your kiddos get hurt. When Patrick hit his eye on the dishwasher, I cried MUCH longer than he did. He was laughing on the way to the ER. I'll remember that day forever. Good thing he won't. They're resilient, though.

I hope Kel's nose isn't broken. Girly-girls don't need to look tough like little boys.

Kendra said...

Ouch!! I get that sick feeling everytime the boys get hurt!! Its scary sometimes...Hope she feels beeter!!

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

Poor Kellyn! I can't imagine what was going through your mind, too!! Just being in the hospital with Taylor, I sort of now understand what it's like to watch them hurt. Let us know how she's doing!!

Stacy Chance said...

OUCH! I am so sorry that happened to her. I hope her nose isn't broken and I hope she heals quickly! I get that sick feeling just thinking about it. Keep us posted on how she is doing.

Averi said...

I can't even start to tell you how this breaks my heart! You know she is my favorite girl in the whole wide world. SHe won my heart from the moment I met her. Please give her lots of hugs and kisses for me....

Kerry Kern said...

OH I am so sorry for Kellyn, it just gave me chills reading it. Things do happen right before our eyes and as mothers, it kills us to not be able to stop it. I am sorry for all of you, and give her a big kiss for me.