Monday, January 08, 2007

Why I am Ready for South Beach

So, okay I admit it...the weather in Amarillo sucks. I remember when I was trying to talk Hays into moving, I was like, "We can get away from the wind!" Are you kidding me? These huge tumbleweeds are behind my vehicle every time I back out of my driveway. Our fence and driveway catch every piece of trash and every single tumbleweed since it is facing North. We weren't thinking too clearly when we got this house. I love my house and I am happy in Amarillo but good Lord. We have already had 11 inches of snow, two inches of ice and lots and lots of wind this winter. We are only two weeks into winter...ouch. I was watching the weather and it's supposed to be in the 20's all weekend. There is also a good chance of wintry mix...please pray my flight gets home Sunday as I will be missing my family so much after four days in Miami.

3 comments:

Stacy Chance said...

Have I told you how much I hate cold weather? We get some much dust, wind and tumble weeds out by our house too and it drives me CRAZY. I can't wait till they build more houses so that we can have some wind blocked.

Kim said...

At least you have a reason to wear those fancy boots!! Have fun in S.B. and be safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer Adling said...

I wish they could put a roof on Lubbock so the weather would always be good!